I’m John C. Daub, and I’ve gone by the nickname “Hsoi” since my undergraduate days long ago. This is my place to say what I want, and while you’re welcome to be here, you’re still a guest in my house so behave accordingly.
A minor glimpse of me:
- Software Architect
- Teacher, Mentor
- Founder & CEO — Hsoi Enterprises LLC
- Senior Assistant Lead Instructor, KR Training.
- Some people like to see other profiles
- Rangemaster Certified Master Firearms Instructor.
- Force Science Institute Analyst.
- OC Spray Instructor (under Chuck Haggard).
- Texas License To Carry (LTC) Handgun Instructor (formerly known as Concealed Handgun License or “CHL”).
- NRA Certified Instructor (Home Firearm Safety, Pistol, Rifle, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, CCW), Range Safety Officer, Eddie Eagle volunteer.
- Benefactor (Life) Member, National Rifle Association; Benefactor (Life) Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation; Life Member, Gun Owners of America; Member, Firearms Policy Coalition.
- “Small-l” libertarian, I suppose (fiscally conservative, socially liberal, and generally “leave me alone, don’t tread on me” sort of approach to things).
- Former martial arts student
- I lift weights.
- Baptised Presbyterian, living in a Roman Catholic household.
- Texan by choice.
- Long-haired metalhead, with occasional hippie tendencies (e.g. prefer bare feet to combat boots).
- I like to fish, hunt, see live music, enjoy a glass of fine bourbon, maybe a cigar now and again, and spend time with my wife and kids.
- Korean, German, Scotts-Irish.
But in the end… I’m “just some guy.” I don’t consider myself to be anyone special, but my self-esteem is just fine.
Views expressed here in posts authored by me are my own; they should reflect on no one but myself. Your comments and behavior reflect on you.
I’m not one for bullshit. I do my best to not bullshit people, I don’t like to be bullshitted, and I generally don’t put up with bullshit. Life’s too short for games and bullshit. Be honest and straight with people.
Any reviews of services or products are my own opinion based upon my experiences up to that time. I receive no compensation, free product samples, favors, etc. in exchange for whatever I write. If however I do, I’ll be up front about it.
If you wish to link to my blog or pages in the blog, you are welcome to do so (linking… it’s what the “ht” in “http” is all about). Just remember that all material here is mine and under my copyright, so please don’t misattribute or steal. And it would be appreciated if you did provide proper attribution.
If you need to contact me for some reason, you can do so at: hsoi (at) hsoi (dot) com.