I decided to not hide who I am because I believe one ought to have the honor and integrity to stand behind what you say and do. So with that, I’m John C. Daub and I’ve gone by the nickname “Hsoi” since my undergraduate days over two decades ago. This is my place to say what I want, and while you’re welcome to be here, you’re still a guest in my house so behave accordingly.
A minor glimpse of me:
- Software Developer
- Founder & CEO — Hsoi Enterprises LLC
- Assistant Lead Instructor, KR Training.
- Some people like to see other profiles
- NRA Certified Instructor (Home Firearm Safety, Pistol, Rifle, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home), Range Safety Officer, Eddie Eagle volunteer.
- Rangemaster Advanced Handgun Instructor.
- Texas License To Carry (LTC) Handgun Instructor (formerly known as Concealed Handgun License or “CHL”).
- Benefactor (Life) Member, National Rifle Association; Benefactor (Life) Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation.
- “Small-l” libertarian, I suppose (fiscally conservative, socially liberal, and generally “leave me alone, don’t tread on me” sort of approach to things).
- Martial arts student (1st dahn Kuk Sool Won; studied Parra Kali/Silat & Jun Fan arts, Thai boxing, western boxing).
- Not a powerlifter, but the closest way to describe what I like to do.
- Baptised Presbyterian, living in a Roman Catholic household.
- Texan by choice.
- Long-haired metalhead, with occasional hippie tendencies (e.g. prefer bare feet to combat boots).
- I like to fish, hunt, see live music, enjoy a glass of a good port wine, maybe a fine cigar now and again, and spend time with my wife and kids.
- Korean, German, Scotts-Irish.
But in the end… I’m “just some guy.” I don’t consider myself to be anyone special, but my self-esteem is just fine.
Views expressed here in posts authored by me are my own; they should reflect on no one but myself. Your comments and behavior reflect on you.
I’m not one for bullshit. I do my best to not bullshit people, I don’t like to be bullshitted, and I generally don’t put up with bullshit. Life’s too short for games and bullshit. Be honest and straight with people.
Any reviews of services or products are my own opinion based upon my experiences up to that time. I receive no compensation, free product samples, favors, etc. in exchange for whatever I write. If however I do, I’ll be up front about it.
If you wish to link to my blog or pages in the blog, you are welcome to do so (linking… it’s what the “ht” in “http” is all about). Just remember that all material here is mine and under my copyright, so please don’t misattribute or steal. And it would be appreciated if you did provide proper attribution.
If you need to contact me for some reason, you can do so at: hsoi (at) hsoi (dot) com.