2012-08-18 Dry Fire Practice
Week 1, Day 5
- 10 reps of wall drill from press out 2H
- 10 draws stepping right, 3/4 speed, 2H
- 10 draws stepping left, 3/4 speed 2H
- 10 reloads stepping right (reload on the move), 3/4 speed 2H
- 10 reloads stepping left (reload on the move), 3/4 speed 2H
- 10 reps wall drill from press out 2H
My first “missed” day. Should have happened yesterday (Friday), but that morning I had the thought of going into work early and then being able to leave early (and practice when I got home). The best laid plans… didn’t work out. Day ran very long. So of course, had to make it up as quickly as possible, so here the next day I did it.
Gotta remember … what shot is the easiest to mess up? The first shot. What’s the most important shot? The first shot. This session is all about “first shot”, because that shot after the reload? That’s a first shot. You can’t allow yourself to get in a hurry after the reload to get the gun back out there… else you risk rushing and blowing that first shot. Be mindful, and that’s also why the 3/4 speed in this is very useful.
I also love practicing movement like this. It’s simple, but it always makes me remember Tom Givens’ name for it: a “what the fuck” moment.