2012-08-01 dry fire practice
Week 3, Day 3, retention
- 10 reps of wall drill from press-out 2H
- 10 reps draw and fire from retention, slow
- 10 reps draw and fire from retention, 3/4 speed
- 5 reps draw and fire from retention while stepping L, 3/4 speed
- 5 reps draw and fire from retention while stepping R, 3/4 speed
- 10 reps beginning at full extension, draw back to retention, and fire, 3/4 speed, 2H
- 10 reps wall drill from press-out 2H (not standard part of TLG’s routine)
- 10 reps wall drill from press-out 2H 3/4 speed (not standard part of TLG’s routine)
It was good to work retention. We do a retention drill at the end of Defensive Pistol Skills 1 and it’s good to get practice on that drill. #6 is a new one on me tho.
I added some more wall drills at the end because that’s a fundamental skill and I think one good to end on. I am trying to pick up my speed without sacrificing good hits… watch that front sight, no dipping! I’m really working on trying to work at faster speeds and not slapping the trigger… but I still get more front sight dips that I care for. It’s a combination of loose/inconsistent grip, and too much trigger finger. I’m also playing a bit with my finger placement, but I think that may be a red herring… that I’m trying to fine-tune something that isn’t a relevant part of the present equation. Hard to say at this point tho.