2012-07-25 dry fire practice
Week 2, Day 3, reloads
- 10 reps of wall drill from press-out 2H
- 20 reps reload from slidelock, slow, 2H
- 20 reps reload from slidelock, 3/4 speed, 2H
- 10 reps reload from slidelock, slow, 2H
- 10 reps of wall drill form press-out, 2H
While the session calls for different speeds, I did all my reloads fairly slow or even slower. I wanted to ensure the entire orchestration of movements was correct and solid.
I also did some Burkett Reloads and played around with where my eyes look. Do they look at the top edge of the magwell? the bottom edge? or somewhere “in” the magwell? Results inconclusive, but you do need to focus somewhere, not just have nebulous eyesight in the area. I think having a point “in” the magwell works best because that’s where you want things to go… aiming with your eyes, and if you aim to an edge, you’ll hit the edge. I’ll want to play with this more. To this point I’ve just “looked”, but I’m playing with a refinement of the look.